Here’s a quick and easy donut recipe for one of those days when you are craving for something sweet and ‘naughty’ but the macros are actually very impressive!
Ingredients (makes 6 donuts)
* 40g of @spartanprotein Pure Whey (Snickerdoodle or Vanilla work best here)
* 65g self raising flour
* 3tbsp coconut flour
* 3tbsp stevia
* 1/2tsp baking powder
* 1 egg
* 120ml almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix together the protein powder, self raising flour, coconut flour and the stevia.
3. Add the milk and the egg
4. Add mixture into a donut tray and bake for 15mins
5. Take them out and let them cool for a few minutes
As optional toppings we used: cinnamon, reduced sugar raspberry jam & peanut butter, and melted dark chocolate l.
Nutrition (donuts only, excluding topping):
525 calories (88calories/donut)