- 2 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4″ thin strips, or to your desired thickness and length. Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd or have multiple layers of fries — you want them to be roasted, not steamed.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning the fries once or twice during that time to cook evenly. May take more or less time, depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries.
- Remove once the edges slightly begin to brown and fries begin to crisp. Sprinkle course salt on top when they are hot out of the oven.